Active Backs Course at goPhysio
Do you suffer with back pain that affects your daily life?
We can help you
- Learn how to exercise to get you & your back fit
- Increase confidence in using your spine normally
- Learn about your back & how to manage your symptoms
- Learn how to prevent further problems in the future
- Learn how to cope if your symptoms flare up
- Gain crucial knowledge – the key to long lasting recovery
Low back pain affects nearly everyone at some point in their lives. For some people, back pain can become a recurrent & persistent part of their life. Sometimes it isn’t possible to find a specific cause for the pain. It could be a combination of several structures in the back, including joints, discs & connective tissues that is causing tension, soreness and/or stiffness in the lower back area. In cases where no specific cause can be found for the back pain and any serious problems have been ruled out, the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) have developed guidelines for the treatment of persistent low back pain.
It is based on these guidelines that Active Backs at goPhysio has been developed.
The evidence for the treatment of persistent back pain – NICE recommend that people with low back pain should keep physically active & continue with their normal activities as far as possible. They suggest that “staying physically active is likely to be beneficial”. Regular physical activity & exercise in combination with education can help people manage their low back pain. Read the NICE Guidelines for Non-Specific Low Back Pain
What is Active Backs at goPhysio?
Active Backs has been set up by the physiotherapists at goPhysio for people with persistent or recurrent low back pain.
The aim of the Active Backs course is to
- Promote self management of back pain through advice & education
- Teach appropriate exercises which will help improve your back pain and help you live an active lifestyle
- Teach you techniques to help you manage your back pain
- Help you learn techniques to help prevent your pain coming back or getting worse in the future
- Increase your confidence in using your back normally
What does the course involve?
Each 6 week course consists of a weekly 1 hour class. The 6 week course costs £60. The course will include a combination of education, advice and a progressive, individualised exercise programme.
The exercise programme will include
- aerobic activity (low impact to help improve fitness levels)
- movement instruction
- muscle strengthening
- postural control
The exercises will be tailored to you individually at the right level.
After every class you will be emailed an overview of the information, a tip of the day and 3 exercises to practice at home.
There will be a maximum of 8 participants on the course, ensuring you get individual attention from the physio.
How do I attend the Active Backs course?
Just drop us an email to register your interest. We will let you know when the next course is starting & send you the required forms. Alternatively just give us a call on 023 8025 3317 to ask any questions you may have about the course.